Thursday, February 26, 2009

2009-02-26 My Run This AM

Ran 6.05 mils today. Crossed the imaginary six mile barrier. It wasn't a pretty run though.  Had to get up to speed quicker than I have been and finish with a faster speed than I had been.

Burned 1268 calories.

The Saucony Progrid Ride sneakers turn two weeks old this week.  They are really comfortable and feel very light.  My feet are feeling much better and my mileage is only going up, so this is a win.   Clearly these were the right choice.

The arriva head phones only came off my head once during the run today.  It happened at about 40 minutes.  This time I decided to really dry off my head/ears and I think it paid off.  The patented "Wipe head with shirt" maneuver worked well.  

I'm thinking there must be a better way to bend them than what I'm doing so far.  I'm also thinking the 'in ear style' model would be a better choice then the 'iPod style' model I chose.  This wanders into over-analysis, but I think I need to figure out a way for the wire to come over my ear, but the speaker to sit with the end at the top, like a normal apple headphone would.  the current way I've been using them the end of the headphone is upside down.  Likely this going to require some off-the-treadmill creative bending.  

No comments:

Post a Comment